Making government convenient for the people:
- I will provide satellite office hours so that county residents can utilize county clerk services at their local clerk’s office. Residents should not have to visit two government buildings to accomplish one task. By bringing services closer to home, residents will be able to conduct county business at their own convenience.
- I will work closely with the county commission to provide expanded office hours in the evening as well as provide services at least one Saturday a month. Saginaw’s working men and women deserve a county clerk who understands their work schedule and their need to utilize county clerk services outside of the typical 8-5 work week.
- I will also provide satellite office hours at Saginaw County Secretary of State Branch Offices. Few things are more annoying than getting to the Secretary of State’s office only to find you don't have your needed documentation. By partnering with the SOS, we can make conducting county and state business more convenient, saving people time and money.
- I will create an interactive website that includes video instructions on how to utilize county services. This may seem small, but for many people utilizing county services can seem complicated and overwhelming. People learn in different ways and having videos to explain how to use county services will help people better interact with county government.
- I will create a system to monitor service wait times in the clerk’s office. Without data collection we cannot know how to better service our residents.
Making local government more transparent:
- I will ensure that county and local campaign finance reports are posted on the county clerk website. As a state representative, Michigan residents can access all of my campaign finance reports with the click of a button. I believe our county and local officials should be held to that same standard.
- I will become a nationally Certified Elections Registration Administrator (CERA) within my first term in office. Nothing is more important than the security and administration of our electoral process; Saginaw County deserves a leader dedicated to learning and implementing the most up to date election security information available.
- I will provide a monthly online newsletter that residents can sign up for to stay up to date on county government news and services.
- I will personally attend every County Commission regular meeting. I believe as the chief elections officer of Saginaw County it is my duty to be informed on what our county commissioners are working on so that I may incorporate that information into my county government updates and newsletters.
Serving our Veterans:
- I will create and promote the use of a County Identification Card. Veterans should be able to prove their service and access the accompanying benefits of that service with ease. With a County ID card veterans will be able to prove their service without being required to carry around their DD214.
Enhancing the role of civic engagement in our community:
- I will host an “Election Training Academy” for residents throughout Saginaw County so that they can be prepared to either work as an election worker or simply learn more about how elections are conducted in our county. This will not only increase civic education in our county but also create a database of Saginaw County residents willing to serve as election day workers. Our election day workers should be as diverse as our county.
- I will create an opportunity for Saginaw County residents to opt-in to receiving text or email reminders for upcoming elections and important election deadlines.
Engaging young people to become active voters:
- I will personally offer to host mock elections at every Saginaw County High School so that students can begin to develop an understanding and desire to vote even before they’re able to. The sooner we engage students, the more likely they are to treat voting as part of their civic duty.
- I will host election training opportunities for high school students so that they can better understand the role of elections in their lives as well as earn a chance to be employed as election workers.